Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Which is worse?

A lot of people are making hay about Sen. John Kerry’s recent imbecilic remarks against the members of our armed forces. Yet I ask you, which person is the most vile?

  1. A political leader who reveals his contempt for the people who serve in the military by claiming that he was "joking" to college students by saying that they better do their homework or else they will get stuck in Iraq;
  2. A political leader who sends the people who serve in the military to Iraq on the grounds that "we sacrifice for the liberty of strangers." [George W. Bush, January 28, 2003, State of the Union Address]

John Kerry may himself be a "botched joke," but he does not command a single American solider. Only the commander-in-chief has that power, and our current one has exercised his by sacrificing American lives in order to grant the people of a Middle-Eastern backwater the right to vote themselves into an Iranian-style theocracy.

I'm sorry ladies and gentleman, but it is the conservatives who have proven themselves to be the greater threat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nick -

It sounds like you read Craig Biddle's wonderful post to the same effect over at the "Principles in Practice" weblog (i.e., an adjunct of "The Objective Standard")

http://theobjectivestandard.com/blog/2006/11/insulting-our-soldiers-vs-sacrificing.asp

J.G.

Nicholas Provenzo said...

I actually hadn't seen Craig's post, but that said, I think he expressed the sentiment better than I did.

American Individualist said...

"I'm sorry ladies and gentleman, but it is the conservatives who have proven themselves to be the greater threat."

Nick, don't apologize for your position. It's like those people who start off a sentence, "To be honest, ...," (Implication: I'm otherwise dishonest when I speak), or the person who says to his opponent, "I respect your opinion," after he spent the last half-hour debating him over the irrationality of his opinion (implication: I sanction your irrationality with my respect).