Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving 2006

For something to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day, visit art historian Lee Sandstead's stunning Croton-on-Hudson gallery. Lee writes:

For me, this gallery represents one of the greatest places that I have ever lived—filled with productivity, great memories and beautiful light.
Indeed. And lest I forget, all of Lee's images are available for purchase (and would make great gifts for your favorite capitalist bloggers :-P).


Anonymous said...

From Lee Sandstead

Thanks Nick for the plug. This is one of the most technical shots a photographer can take. I have a special filter over the lens for this shot that darkens the top half of the frame to help balance the light. Then, I used fill flash to bring out detail in the foreground, and over my flash, I used a warming gel.

One of my favorite shots of Croton!


Anonymous said...

From Lee Sandstead:

An interesting point is that Croton is 30 miles upriver from New York City. So I have the best of both worlds: a bucolic world of beautiful light and deer running through town with bald eagles above on one hand--and on the other, I have the greatest city in the world at my finger tips.