Friday, July 09, 2004

The Culture: HBL

I just happened to notice that I recently received my 9,000th HBL post, and that figure doesn’t include posts received through my prior e-mail service which I was not able to archive. Today, my files add up to 55MB of text--unadulterated intellectual activism on the highest level.

HBL is tremendously valuable to me. I find the debate insightful, the methodology refreshing, and the intellectual camaraderie an absolute pleasure. I often refer back to archived posts to clarify my own thinking, and I can’t recall how many times I have thought to myself how intelligently a contributor has expressed his or her position, as well as how Dr. Binswanger’s brilliant commentary (and helpful essentialization) adds to their value.

For those of you who are not members, let me recommend HBL to you. No Objectivist should be without it.

No comments: